Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Impact you will make in the role:
You will be an integral member of the FP&A team at Accela overseeing the financial performance of all segments of the worldwide business. You will work collaboratively with other members of the finance group and partner with others across the organization to perform analyses and reporting that will better drive the decision-making process at the company.
Your work will enable the company and the budget owners at Accela to meet the financial objectives of driving revenue and profitability while controlling costs. You will contribute to the mission of the finance organization by empowering the finance leadership and the executive team with the information required to run the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the annual budget, monthly & quarterly forecast, and long-term strategic planning processes
• Design and refine detailed financial models that forecast and analyze functional costs in order to fully understand sources of variances and to improve forecast accuracy
• Assist in supporting monthly close processes, including in-depth variance analysis
• Help prepare monthly & quarterly management reporting, analyze financial results, assess risks and opportunities, and communicate key messages to senior management
• Identify, measure, and communicate key performance metrics
• Build and maintain relationship with cross-functional teams to synthesize and integrate updates relating to variances in actual activity relative to budgets and forecasts
• Support executive management by providing timely ad hoc reporting on critical issues
• Become embedded with business partners across the company, establishing relationships of trust and gaining a deep understanding of relevant drivers
• Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the Company, department functions, and products
• Work well in a team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
• Actively seek, participate in, and/or drive the development and implementation of process improvements
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a quantitative field; MBA preferred
• 10+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, Big 4 accounting, or private equity
• An individual who possesses outstanding analytical skills and proven ability to simplify large amounts of data into an actionable form.
• Software or SaaS company experience strongly preferred
• Excellent communication skills with experience developing and delivering presentations
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in 3 statement financial modeling and direct cash flow forecasting
• Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and under tight timelines; flexibility to adjust on the fly to new demands; self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced unstructured environment
• Experience with Adaptive and NetSuite
• Experience working with large datasets, automation, or business intelligence skills
• Use of Power BI or other data manipulation and visualization tools a plus
• Unwavering ethical standards
Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work – we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 12 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.