With tens of million players sold across many countries, thousands of streaming channels and billions of hours watched over the platform, building scalable, highly-available, fault-tolerant, big data platform is critical for our success.
Our team’s mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us, for our partners, and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support Roku’s exploding ad business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives.
What You Will Do:
- Scratch-build a highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant data processing systems using AWS technologies, HDFS, YARN, Map-Reduce, Hive, Kafka, Spark, and other big data technologies. These systems should handle batch and real-time data processing over 10s of terabytes of data ingested every day and petabyte-sized data warehouse.
- Low level systems debugging, performance measurement & optimization on large production clusters.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
What you've done and what you bring:
- Strong SQL skills.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language.
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented language is desired.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of developers, QA and operations to execute deliverables.
- 5+ years professional experience as a data or software engineer.
- BS in Computer Science; MS in Computer Science preferred.