Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Applicants must have a strong work ethic, an ability to work independently, and an easy-going personality at ease in a startup environment
- You should excel in multi-tasking and participating in and coordinating new projects as they arise
- Detail oriented
- Impeccable communication skills both written and verbal
Responsibilities of the role:
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to recording, reconciling and analyzing G/L account transactions
- Support the accounting/finance team in the preparation of financial statements, data analysis, integrity validation and reconciliations
- Assist with the annual audit process including both the readiness and execution including preparation of supporting audit schedules
- Tackle ad hoc projects as requested (e.g. research and document issues, special projects, etc.)
- Support other team members with areas of work including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Play an integral part in the month end close process by preparing and maintaining many of the close reconciliation working papers plus coordinating timelines with the finance team at large
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Company’s accounting policies and procedures as we expand
- Working closely alongside the Accounting Manager to build and develop critical processes within the accounting department as the company continues to grow
- Ability to analyze and understand changes within accounts in the GL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- 3-5 years accounting experience; Big 4 experience a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP and financial reporting
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take ownership of work product
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Experience with multiple ERP and accounting systems
- Ideally able to work full time in San Francisco office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.