Clever is the fastest growing product in K-12 education, depended on by over 600 software companies and over 65% of America's schools. These organizations rely on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 22 million students every day. Clever’s job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
We’re looking for talented engineers who want to help build Clever into something every household, school, student, and teacher relies on.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
As a software engineer on the Messaging team at Clever, you’ll work on Clever’s new real-time messaging product, designed to facilitate communication across teachers, students, and Clever’s newest user type: guardians. You’ll encounter a number of interesting product and technical problems as we scale from a minimally viable feature to a central part of the Clever ecosystem and the go-to messaging platform for K-12 education.
Some examples of projects that you might work on are:
- Announcements and group messaging
- Rich attachments
- Automatic translation of messages to other languages
- Load testing of our messaging infrastructure
More generally, you’ll:
- Collaborate with other engineers as we collectively answer foundational technical questions and architect for the future of Messaging
- Collaborate with our product manager and designer as we iterate on new features
- Build high-quality, delightful user experiences, with an attention to detail and empathy for students, teachers, and guardians
Currently, we write frontend code in TypeScript, Node.js, and React with Redux or GraphQL and backend code in Go. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, Docker, and many AWS services.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Experience building scalable, mobile-responsive frontends
- Experience building scalable backends
- Experience with TypeScript, React, Go, SQL, AWS, and/or web sockets (not required)
- Experience leading projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited book learning credits to amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Professional development budget and LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers