Clever is the fastest growing product in K-12 education, depended on by over 600 software companies and over 65% of America's schools. These organizations rely on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 22 million students every day. Clever’s job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
We’re looking for talented engineers who want to help build Clever into something every household, school, student, and teacher relies on.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
In the Identity team, we strive to eliminate complexity and provide seamless and dependable access to learning resources. Our products include:
- Clever Single Sign-On: Clever offers SSO for thousands of learning resources. One username and password unlocks any app on any device for students, teachers, and staff.
- Clever Badges: Invented here—fast and fun logins. Even the youngest learners can start their lessons immediately and without help in their favorite apps.
- Clever Analytics: Analytics made easy for everyone. Built in response to remote learning, these tools became critical in identifying and closing access gaps.
In this team, we
- Stay close to our users. We have engineers joining user interviews and we love working with our group of early adopters in getting feedback and refining our new products.
- Aspire to grow every day. From junior to very senior engineers, we learn from each other and explore and adopt new technologies, architectures and processes when it makes sense.
- Build a world-class platform. We take reliability seriously with 99.98%+ uptime for critical services.
We work across the full stack with ownership on the end-to-end experience for our users. We write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, and many AWS services (AWS Glue, ECS, Step Functions, etc).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience building backend systems, experience in golang a plus
- Led projects and collaborated with teams to create meaningful impact
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- A desire to work in a diverse, fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment
- Nice to have: experience with batch and/or streaming and data processing
- Nice to have: experience with SSO, authentication and authorization technologies
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited book learning credits to amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Professional development budget and LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers