Vonage Site Reliability Engineer Mission
As a site reliability engineer, you will work as part of the development team to build automation and tools to deploy, monitor and maintain the platform's health, targeted SLO and SLAs.
Why this role matters
We believe that there shouldn’t be walls between operations and development and we have embraced the DevOps movement.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Lead the effort in ensuring reliability of the platform.
- Create Software and Tooling that improves performance, stability, and reliability of the platform.
- Ability to work as part of a Development Team.
- Monitor Application Metrics to help with improving software performance.
- Build solutions that are highly resilient, scalable, and secure.
- Have a wide breadth of knowledge from software, infrastructure, and security.
- Adopt best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile.
What's required for application
- Proven experience building, supporting, and architecting high-availability cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working on monitoring, logging. and alerting solutions and used tools.
- Experience with tooling such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, and Chef.
- Fluent and comfortable working with Cloud Infrastructure.
- Ability to read, write, and troubleshoot software code.
- Good understanding of CI/CD tools.
- Champion of devsecops using tools such as Hashicorp Vault, KMS, Secrets Manager,
- Experience with software development, algorithms, data structures, and systems design.
- Understand monitoring tools such as DataDog, ELK, and Grafana.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or related work experience.
Nice to have
- Working knowledge on other AWS services like Glacier, Elastic Container Service (ECS),
- Elastic MapReduce (EMR), DynamoDB etc.
- Automation and Orchestration tools such as Jenkins
- Ruby or Java development skills
- Data Pipeline knowledge, especially with tools like MapReduce, Kafka and ELK stack.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.