Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Video Software Engineer you will work on our state of the art game engine building out video streaming features across all of Roblox. No matter the platform, be it mobile or desktop or VR or consoles, you will help enable our users to share and stream creative achievements with the ROBLOX community using industry leading algorithms and state of the art technology.
- Experienced with implementing video playback technology: You might have helped develop a video player from scratch, or worked on video conferencing systems.
- Familiar with streaming protocols: such as HLS, DASH, WebRTC
- Knowledgeable about container formats such as MP4, webm, and FLV: Maybe you wrote a parser?
- Good at systems level C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done
- Resource minded: You have probably worked on alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Develop and maintain engine code that plays video assets for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Select the right balance of algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
- Carry the torch for the future of video in user-generated games
- Optimize video decoding and playback implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while maintaining amazingly quality on high-end platforms
- Carefully adapt bitrates and resolutions for optimal video performance in adverse and changing network conditions
- Explore machine learning for video content analysis applications
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination