We’re a growing software FoodTech company with a mission to help you nurture your family with home-cooked meals. Our AI-based Food Intelligence Platform powers Meal Hero, our native and web app that helps people discover, plan, shop, prepare, and enjoy meals at home with ease. This proprietary technology is based on millions of recipes and thousands of ingredients, and it’s always improving.
To achieve our goal we have assembled a team of smart, empirically motivated, disagreeable givers who care about making a difference in the world. We believe that using technology, collaboration, innovation and diversity we can transform the way people eat, cook, and share meals. Wellio was acquired during the summer of 2018 by the Kraft Heinz Company.
Learn more at about.mealhero.com
Try Meal Hero on the web or download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
What will you be working on?
- Own and manage the core development and improvements to the wellio food intelligence platform
- Identify opportunities for new features that serve users and internal stakeholders, and architect improvements to the platform
- Work closely with engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers to define requirements and roadmaps for new products and programs in the form of detailed product specifications, architectural/workflow diagrams, and other documentation
- Help shape and translate vision, strategy, and programs into actionable guidance for engineering, in the form of new APIs and services, as well as incremental improvements to existing APIs and services
- Prioritize and drive work to support integration of the wellio intelligence platform against third party data providers as well as, internal and external web and mobile applications.
- Partner with engineering on API and systems design for your products and provide feedback on others' API designs
- Be responsible for feature specification ranging from functional definition, use cases, user and interaction design and mockups, user testing
Do you have the right chops?
- At least 3 years of experience in product management, or project management for products using machine learning as core capabilities.
- Independent, creative thinker and doer. A person who takes initiatives and sees ideas through completion.
- Experience interacting with internal and external teams, including product, data science and engineering teams.
- Experience working with a technical product. Plus working with a product that has recommendation systems, machine learning as its core capabilities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- SQL database development experience
- You enjoy working on a small agile dynamic team where everyone is valued
- You are creative, like learning new skills and teaching others
- You are motivated to have a positive impact on the world and want to work on a diverse set of problems
- You believe that work should be fun and enjoy working with others
- You like to try new things and believe in failing fast
- You like chocolate, especially dark chocolate