Sr Technical Business Analyst - ServiceNow
IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Operations | San Francisco, California
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Ops team - is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & external customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
The Senior Technical Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring a value-based partnership and highly productive consultative relationship between IT and internal clients, overseeing a portfolio of IT projects and services, focused on DocuSign’s ServiceNow platform that includes ITSM, ITBM & ITOM Processes. The successful candidate will provide structure and leadership to process improvement projects as well as expertise in developing new or improved workflows. This role is also responsible for understanding the DocuSign business and translating business needs and requirements across partner teams into technical solutions, overseeing the delivery of IT services and projects, and ensuring high quality on-time delivery and internal client satisfaction.
This position reports to the Lead Software Architect, ServiceNow.
- Driving process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders.
- Developing required documentation such as workshop agenda, presentations, gap analysis reports, process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities.
- Identifying areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks on ServiceNow platform.
- Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities.
- Managing and communicating ServiceNow process and business requirements to the implementation team as a bridge to ensure that the proposed solutions meet the customer's expectations.
- Providing training and mentoring to other members of the services team.
- Work with internal teams to develop and document service strategies, models, tools and action plans for new and current ServiceNow products.
- Provide hands on assistance with the detailed design and implementation phases for security engagements.
- Aid in the continuous improvement of our ITSM implementation methodology and service offerings based upon stakeholders, employee and partner feedback/experiences.
- Assist delivery teams in resolving critical path issues and challenges during engagements.
- Assist delivery teams in basic ServiceNow development activities during engagements.
- Provide support, mentoring and training to peers and partners at ServiceNow.
- Build out and maintain product service solutions.
- Support scoping engagements with prospective customers/stakeholders.
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents.
- Stay current on product developments/releases required new service solutions.
- Work “two in a box” with the Product Engineer (from IT) to define, build and test user stories.
- Define acceptance criteria for all user stories
- Answer questions and assist in resolving business issues impacting your scrum teams.
- Work with User Representatives to solicit feedback from the end user about story grooming, functionality issues and software demos.
- Contribute defining User Acceptance test scenarios
- Participate in User Acceptance testing during sprints and during release preparation
- Work with User Representatives to identify users to be brought into UAT when appropriate
- Sign off on Release testing prior to a production release
- Work with Change Management (CM) team members to create training and communications plans
- Assist CM as they develop communications to executives, stakeholders and users of the system
- Assist CM as they plan and develop user training
- Provide formal input to leaders on Go, No-Go decision making prior to go live
- Provide hands on support to users immediately after go-live
- Capture problems experienced by end users and report issues to the program team after go-live.
- Candidates should have at least 8+ yrs. of experience in defining and deploying 'to be' best practice ServiceNow implementation and in identifying solutions from a people, process and technology perspective.
- 5+ years of experience with ServiceNow platform and JIRA.
- Experience in analyzing and recommending ServiceNow capabilities based on business priorities.
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Process analysis and improvement experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with project leadership, Product Managers, Product Engineers, User Representatives and Change Management and other Scrum team members
- Ability to listen, interpret and bring feedback to the team and work with the Product Owner and define priorities and delivery timelines for the feedback.
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation.
- Proven experience in driving process improvement recommendations in a Shared Services environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Visio, Word and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- MBA or advanced certifications preferred
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including applicable regulations, business drivers, security, and evolving business needs, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder.
- ServiceNow/Jira Certification is highly preferred
- BPM training/certification preferred
- Consulting background along with ServiceNow Certification is highly preferred.
- Actively participated in industry collectives and is a contributor to the security community.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.