Clever is the fastest growing product in K-12 education. Over 600 education software companies and 65% of America's schools rely on Clever to put the best learning tools in the hands of tens of millions of students every day. Clever's job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help build Clever into something every household, school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
On the Data Engineering and Internal Products team, our mission is to build internal tools to improve efficiency and unlock insights for every team at Clever.
As an engineer on the team, you’ll empower internal teams both by helping to architect and build out a best of breed data pipeline for our analytics warehouse and by adding new features to Clever’s internal web application and the Clever schools platform. You’ll work with internal customers such as customer support, customer solutions, product management, and other engineering teams.
Part of your job will be to:
- Empower internal teams by adding new features to Clever’s comprehensive platform for internal tools, used by almost everyone at Clever every day.
- Architect, design, engineer, and implement best-of-breed data technology solutions including both SQL and NoSQL, Spark, Stitch, dbt, Redshift, Snowflake, and other data techs.
- Work with internal customers such as customer solutions, school district onboarding, marketing, and other product/engineering teams to understand their data and product needs and develop innovative solutions.
- Be a mentor to other engineers on the team and at Clever
You’ll design and implement new product features such as:
- Customized views to allow internal customers to focus on the information that helps them excel at their job.
- Smart analysis features for computer assisted troubleshooting used by both internal and external customers.
- Innovative new approaches and tools for improved analytics across the company.
- Proactively surfacing opportunities for customer-facing teams and adding new features to our internal web application.
We work across the full stack to create products that are robust and delightful for all internal Clever team members to use. We write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, and many AWS services (AWS Glue, ECS, Step Functions, etc).
You’ll also get the opportunity to work with data technologies such as both SQL and NoSQL, Spark, Redshift, and Snowflake.
Things We’re Looking For
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Strong experience with full-stack development including React, Node.js, HTML, and CSS.
- Solid SQL, noSQL, and relational database concepts.
- Understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, design pattern, unit testing, data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Go, Java, C++ or other backend programming languages is a big plus.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited book learning credits to amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Professional development budget and LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers