About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of high-quality instructional and practice resources that empowers learners and the teachers who support them. Whether they’re studying metaphors, mitosis, Marbury v. Madison, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
About Khan Academy’s Test Prep Products
Our Test Prep Product team works with our partners, the test makers, to conceive, design and build our test preparation products for high stakes exams including the SAT, LSAT, and the Praxis Core. These products help students with goal setting, scheduling, learning, and practicing the content in both untimed and timed settings. The products help students focus on the content they should be learning through an engaging user experience that is supported by world class instruction, practice problems, and tips and strategies for exam taking. The products are built on a platform which we are hoping to expand to serve other high stakes exams around the world.
About the Senior Test Prep Product Manager Role
We’re looking for a customer-centric product manager who is passionate about our mission and excels at execution. In this role, you’ll be responsible for delivering our Official SAT Practice (OSP) product that will support both independent and classroom learners. The PM will be responsible for user empathy, prioritizing requirements and use cases, and working closely with our partners and our Design, Content, Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics teams. In addition, you’ll also be able to think strategically beyond our current test prep products into the broader landscape of high stake exams around the world in order to determine our growth and funding strategy so we can bring more engaging and efficacious learning experiences to learners around the world.
- Set a compelling long-term vision for the Test Prep Product Line
- Define the strategy and create goals to realize the team’s vision
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of user-centric products in partnership with engineers, product designers, content creators, marketing, and our partners ( eg College Board.)
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Understand user needs; identify and define product requirements
- Collaborate, coordinate, and build alignment with adjacent product teams and cross-functional partners
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- 5+ years software product management or equivalent experience, serving internal customers with complex needs in a changing business environment
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset - able to think about market trends, value proposition, competitive landscape to help shape the product strategy.
- Creative problem solver - able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Data driven - able to analyze problems and evaluate solutions based on data
- Outcome oriented - articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Strong customer advocate with deep understanding and empathy for internal users
- Focus on creating strong relationships through listening and collaboration with key partners and funders
About our benefits
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible work and time-off schedules to encourage work-family balance and holidays
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus lots of snacks and beverages
- Great location: short walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. We have a preference for this candidate to work from our office in Mountain View, CA; but for the right candidate and fit, we are open to remote arrangements.
- Awesome team events, on-sites and off-sites, company parties and BBQs, and weekly board game nights
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to improve real lives and the opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where parents, Black and Latinx, women and gender minorities, and LGBT+ identified folks support one another
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
How to apply
- Along with submitting your resume on the application page, please answer the following question in the space provided:
How do you determine or assess the value proposition of a product?
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.