SNOWFLAKE DATA EXCHANGE:
One of the unique benefits of Snowflake’s architecture is the ability to securely share data with another Snowflake account without creating a copy of the data. The Snowflake Data Exchange builds on our Secure Data Sharing functionality to be the ‘AppStore for Data’. It enables Providers and Consumers to publish/discover shared data and access it immediately.
We are hiring an experienced Product Manager to design, develop, and further build our Data Exchange experience. This is a large, critical, and ambiguous role, with high visibility. In the right hands, we believe this has the potential to substantially shape the future of our business. It’s a particularly unique entrepreneurial role in an exciting, new part of our business.
We’re looking for candidates with strong technical and product management skills, as well as business and strategic acumen. At Snowflake, we put our customers first and want to continue building products that our users love.
AS A SNOWFLAKE SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Define and evolve the product vision for the Data Consumer experience on the Exchange, including defining the Discovery experience.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning several teams such as product, design, engineering, marketing, sales and support.
- Work with and collaborate with a number of technology and business partners.
- Manage programs and structure projects to ensure smooth execution of the product roadmap.
- Work hand in hand with customers, engaging in frequent conversations both onsite and in customer offices to understand their needs, gather feedback, and overall ensure that product direction is in tune with customer needs.
- Work closely with engineering and design to own delivery and execution, as well as with sales and marketing to drive go-to-market.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience in a Product Management role, with at least 3 of those as a User Experience PM.
- Experience building products that have a good discovery or e-commerce/marketplace component.
- Experience working with Design, Engineering and Data Science.
- Be able to understand the breadth of our product line as well as get technical and be able to drill into details on owned areas.
- Have proven experience defining a product vision and roadmap and managing incremental execution through successful launches.
- Thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup from its early days. That means flexibility as well as dealing with ambiguity.
- Be highly data driven, knowing how to get, understand, and use data to make the best possible decisions.
- Move quickly and constantly iterate, moving from hypotheses developed from customer conversations, data and insights to running tests to confirm those hypotheses, to learnings and iteration towards a solution that customers didn’t even realize they wanted but now can’t live without.
- Operate and think at both the application layer and deeper in the technology stack. Know whether the limitations of the current backend are reasonable or if we should rebuild to enable new capabilities.
- Drive execution with a cross-functional team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
- Deep understanding in the areas of data management, Big Data analytics, and/or cloud technologies is a plus.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.