Wellio is the first Artificial Intelligence platform that helps people plan, shop, prepare and enjoy healthy meals at home.
We’re a growing software FoodTech company with a mission to help you nurture your family with home-cooked meals. Our AI-based Food Intelligence Platform powers Meal Hero, our native and web app that helps people discover, plan, shop, prepare, and enjoy meals at home with ease. This proprietary technology is based on millions of recipes and thousands of ingredients, and it’s always improving.
To achieve our goal we have assembled a team of smart, empirically motivated, disagreeable givers who care about making a difference in the world. We believe that using technology, collaboration, innovation and diversity we can transform the way people eat, cook, and share meals. Wellio was acquired during the summer of 2018 by the Kraft Heinz Company.
Learn more at about.mealhero.com
Wellio is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us in our San Francisco office.
We are empowering families to eat healthy home-cooked meals. Our goal is to make the best tools for home chefs to be inspired to shop, cook, and enjoy meals with their families.
* We're building our product on top of machine learning technology which means you'll get to work at the forefront of the fastest growing field in software
* We move quickly so you'll get to see your work in the hands of home chef’s (our users) in no time.
* We wholeheartedly believe in the power of user research, which means we listen to and talk with home chefs minimum once a week.
* We're a small product team (4) at a crucial junction in our growth so you'll get to influence the future of our product and help build it.
* You’ll brainstorm solutions, map user journeys, create personas, craft wireframes, test designs through user testing or a/b experiments, design high fidelity mockups, and collaborate with engineering to implement designs.
* You’ll work at the intersection of understanding our Home Chef’s needs and understanding the capability of the AI technology we are building to come up with solutions our Home Chef’s can’t even imagine.
* You’ll be autonomous. You will own your work and take full responsibility for every aspect of your projects.
* You’ll clearly communicate design choices to all stakeholders.
* You’re a great communicator with the ability to clearly articulate your ideas and the needs of our users.
* You have a strong desire to learn and enjoy sharing with others.
* You can admit what you don't know, and you have the drive to figure it out.
* You are a highly collaborative, self-sufficient type.
* You believe in failing fast, and often.
* You’ve mastered working collaboratively across different teams with different skill sets, including Engineering, Data Science, Product, and Marketing
* You should have a strong understanding of customer needs, motivations, behaviors, and barriers with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
* You have an interest in eating healthy, cooking, nutrition and/or wellness
* Experience working on a consumer-facing mobile app with a ML/AI component
* Experience with tools like Sketch & InVision
* Keen knowledge of best practices in mobile app UX / UI
* A combination of UX, visual, research and interaction design skills - Hi generalists!
* Experience working with engineers to implement designs
* Experience designing a mobile app that has high engagement and retention
* Experience working in a small to medium sized company 20+ people
* Minimum 4-5 years of mobile app design experience (iOS/Android)
* Competitive salary
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* 3pm dark chocolate tasting, we're a bit obsessed
* Monthly fun trips - past examples include wine tasting, hiking, kayaking, and cherry-picking