About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of high-quality instructional and practice resources that empowers learners and the teachers who support them.
About the Senior Manager - People Operations Role
This operational leader will be self-motivated, solutions driven, flexible, innovative and a true team player! You’ll need to have a passion for creating great people experiences that make for seamless processes and frameworks that are simple and practical. You will focus on continuous improvement, efficiency, and return on investment specific to people systems, tools and resources all while having fun reimagining our systems strategy.
In this role you will
- Oversee development of HR Technology strategy/roadmap for Khan Academy, partnering in providing seamless and employee-focused service, support and efficient/effective solutions throughout the employee lifecycle (i.e. talent, onboarding, transfer, performance, change management, and through departure);
- Partner with and build strong working relationships with senior management, People team, Finance and IT to identify and execute opportunities to innovate and improve effectiveness and efficiency of HR Technology, Shared Services and Operations.
- Lead the communication and early adoption of solutions or new platforms to employees, through the development of comprehensive HR content and materials.
- Develop, improve and administer various People Operations policies, processes and procedures and communicate out the necessary changes in partnership with the operations generalist.
- Set service level agreements with the business and people team to meet or exceed agreements.
- Be a compliance expert: You have a foundational HR knowledge base and know the impact to systems strategy/requirements specific to SOX, EEO, AAP, OFCCP, PTO, FLSA, and core legal/regulatory requirements.
- Establish processes and workflows to ensure our data is considered to be the “one source of truth and integrity” within the organization.
You may be a good fit if you have
- 7+ years Human Resources or related experience
- Proven track record of leading teams and driving multiple work streams successfully
- Ability to navigate organizations both vertically and horizontally
- Hands on experience creating workflows, process and shared service experiences
- HR Business partner experience a plus
- Proficiency in HR Technology (HRIS system stack - ATS, Perf Management, Survey Platforms etc.)
- Proficiency in GSuite
- Ability to drive key measurements/analytics critical in driving key business/program initiatives and strategies for the business
How to apply
- Attach your resume to the job posting on our Khan Careers page
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.