We’re a growing software FoodTech company with a mission to help you nurture your family with home-cooked meals. Our AI-based Food Intelligence Platform powers Meal Hero, our native and web app that helps people discover, plan, shop, prepare, and enjoy meals at home with ease. This proprietary technology is based on millions of recipes and thousands of ingredients, and it’s always improving.
To achieve our goal we have assembled a team of smart, empirically motivated, disagreeable givers who care about making a difference in the world. We believe that using technology, collaboration, innovation and diversity we can transform the way people eat, cook, and share meals. Wellio was acquired during the summer of 2018 by the Kraft Heinz Company.
Learn more at about.mealhero.com
Try Meal Hero on the web or download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
As a member of our data augmentation team, you’ll work with other ML engineers, data scientists, and product managers to enable the highest quality data products in our Food Intelligence Platform.
What you will do
- Develop machine learning applications to improve our client experiences
- Design and create appropriate datasets and data schemas for machine learning and data analysis
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Conduct machine learning experiments to validate model improvements and measure impact on end users
- Perform statistical analysis to validate/tune and improve models
- Implement systems to retrain models
- Proven experience (minimum 1 year) as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
- Knowledge of probability and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical analysis techniques
- Experience implementing active learning pipelines
- You enjoy collaborating as part of a small, agile, and dynamic team where everyone is valued
- You believe “done is better than perfect” and enjoy helping to ship features and quantify the right areas for iterative improvement.
- You enjoy both learning and teaching, and enjoy working with others from whom you can learn and who can learn from you.
- You have a passion for food and nutrition, and are excited to use your skills to help our customers nourish themselves
- You believe that work should be fun and enjoy working with others
- You like to try new things and believe in failing fast
If you got this far, perhaps you’re the person we’re looking for. We look forward to your application.