iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable bio sensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 2 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need – answers.
About this role:
iRhythm is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Accounting to own inventory and cost accounting in our San Francisco office, reporting to the Assistant Controller. Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity, and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ownership over inventory and manufacturing accounting processes including but not limited to:
- Annual standard cost revision and product costing
- Labor and overhead
- Manufacturing and purchase variances
- Excess & obsolescence
- Annual physical and cycle count process
- Manufacturing scrap
- Consignment and 3PL inventory
- Provide accounting guidance to the business partners including but not limited to:
- New product development including prototypes
- Supply chain process and transactions (i.e. new part qualification)
- Treatment of any other inventory related topics with no precedence
- Act as a subject matter resource over the complex inventory and reusable assets accounting process; develop policies and procedures and prepare accounting whitepapers as required.
- Liaise cross function teams to ensure inventory and manufacturing transactions are properly accounted for.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process for the inventory and cost accounting by preparing/reviewing various entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide accurate and timely inventory and costing reports to the operations teams in order to support the company’s continuous improvement approach.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Support audits, including preparing work papers for the auditors and analyzing data. Collaborate with internal team and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Lead SOX internal controls compliance efforts in inventory accounting cycle, which includes evaluation, development, implementation, execution, issue mitigation and monitoring of controls and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- At least 10-12 years of accounting and audit experience with a minimum of 5 years of inventory and cost accounting experience in a SOX compliant environment
- 4+ years of direct supervisory experience preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting within an ERP system; QAD preferred
- Experience with tight deadlines and responsibility for accuracy and timeliness for work performed or reviewed
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proven ability to work with limited supervision
- An eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly-growing and dynamic environment, must be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with a variety of personnel both internally and externally
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
- Public accounting experience preferred
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.