Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
- You are a hands on product leader who can make sound decisions based on data, research, patterns and product sense
- You are a thoughtful leader who inspires and mentors your team, your colleagues and and others in the organization
- You love customer research and are able to stitch together insights from qualitative and quantitative findings to create compelling product experiences
- You love innovation - launching a new product thrills you
- You think not just about features but about building a cohesive platform
- You are obsessed with making things as easy to use as they can possibly be
- You believe a product is one of the core manifestations of a brand
- You set big goals for yourself and your team, and you accelerate the path to accomplishing goals
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker and leader who wants to have an impact on local businesses and the lives of hourly workers
As a Manager of Product Management, you are responsible for leading product on a key area of the Homebase platform. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the product roadmap, leading on research and KPI strategies, leading project teams in the execution of the roadmap, and working with our marketing and customer success teams to effectively bring products to market. You are a fiercely entrepreneurial leader with a passion for inspiring quality, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Define the strategy and roadmap for your business line on the platform.
- Own goals and KPIs to grow product activation, engagement and revenue
- Work with marketing, customer success, design and engineering to ensure quality delivery and effect go to market plans.
- Identify new product opportunities and bring them to market
- Deliver and act up on data- and research-driven insights and opportunities
- Manage a team of product managers and lead hiring strategy for your area
- 10+ years of product management or related experience, preferably within a high growth SaaS or consumer product
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of product discovery and delivery methodology
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to hard problems - making sound decisions on how to ship value, learn and iterate while minimizing risk
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to gather and analyse data sets (including the use of basic statistical concepts), and to interpret them to make business decisions
- Experience across the product lifecycle from ideation & strategy to go to market to tracking KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing opportunities and to articulate your point of view on priorities
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to be successful in an entrepreneurial team-based environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Affinity for local businesses
What We Offer You
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee 401k
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving while working from home and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Homebase is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.