Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to our Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in a high impact role that supports our business leaders with financial insights and outlooks to make informed strategic and operational decisions.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be an integral part of building the Finance team at a startup that’s growing and scaling quickly. The person will collaborate closely with functional leaders throughout the organization and implement financial analyses and processes that are foundational to the Finance function. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented, motivated, and dependable—and will thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability.
In this role, you will:
- Build foundational financial models to forecast our business and provide insights to optimize our growth and performance.
- Partner with business leaders in their strategic decision-making by providing key performance indicators and analysis.
- Support business performance reporting through the preparation of internal and external reporting packages.
- Play a key role in the creation of board materials, investor materials, and other ad hoc strategic projects.
- Promote thought leadership in process improvement to scale forecasting and reporting tools, procedures, and methodologies.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 2 to 5 years of experience in a top investment bank, management consulting firm, private equity firm, hedge fund, and/or tech company in a finance/strategy/business development role. Formal training in financial and/or accounting concepts is preferred.
- Displays a high level of genuine curiosity about our business, asks lots of questions, and exhibits eagerness to learn.
- Has high aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving that uses financial modeling, including strong skills with spreadsheets.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, including PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Preferably is experienced with SaaS and/or enterprise software business models.
- Is comfortable with handling large sets of data; experience with SQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with financial planning tools (e.g., Adaptive, Anaplan, and Hyperion) is a plus.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.