At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As a Senior Creative Technologist, you will work with some of the best people in the industry, using your imagination, creativity and technological skills to create physical and digital experiences for some of the world’s most forward-thinking brands. You will contribute to AKQA’s founding values – Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought and will be excited about being part of our success. This role is approximately 50/50 responsive website development and physical experiences such as touch screens and other tangible technologies. Employee career management is not a requirement for this role.
- 5+ years of experience in responsive web development along with an appreciation for compelling user experience and visual design
- 2+ years leading engineering projects through architecture, tasks delegation, and cross-functional team communication
- Experience with production React-based web applications
- Experience with production server-side and/or client-side Node.js applications
- A portfolio of work demonstrating technological prowess, ideas and executional ability in bridging physical and digital experiences, for example: event, retail or art/museum installations
- Able to take a prototype concept to production while defending budget, architecture and hardware decisions
- Able to apply modern software engineering practices and pragmatic thinking throughout the product lifecycle
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A passion for emerging technologies and their application in creating unique and unexpected user experiences
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and clients
- Strong presentation skills and ability to distill technical concepts to client partners and team members
- Comfortable working with clients to challenge their ideals and motivate a productive discourse
- Experience in an agency, start-up or product driven workplace where self-motivation and direction were the norm
- Ability to break the mold of how work is conceived, delivered and iterated
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.