At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As Senior Accountant, you will help in financial reporting, implement and review internal control processes, perform and improve month-end reporting tasks, and coordinate with the finance team in different US locations of the Company.
- Primary responsibility is to facilitate the monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting to the parent company
- Perform month-end closing tasks
- Coordinate with other team members or prepare the schedules needed for reporting
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation and income statement analysis
- Other projects as assigned
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience; CPA a plus, but not required
- Experience with Mas and Sage 500 strongly preferred
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.