Sales Operations Manager
At Anaplan, we make the world better by connecting people, plans, and data to help organizations make informed decisions. That is Connected Planning. Anaplan's founder, Michael Gould, recognized that existing vendor architecture simply could not support the next generation of planning software and founded Anaplan to build his vision of a planning platform that takes full advantage of the latest computing capabilities: in-memory computing, 64 bit multi core processing, database innovation, and SaaS delivery.
Anaplan is seeking a Sales Operations Manager in a mission critical role. The ideal candidate has a passion for driving key objectives for the business and turning data-driven insights into actions. This person excels at balancing strategic planning with execution and is very comfortable being hands-on. As an analytical and resourceful problem solver and self-starter, this person will use data and qualitative information to help drive and manage the business. You will be working cross-functionally with our Sales, Finance, and other Go-to-Market (GTM) teams. As a key contributor to GTM strategy, tactics, and operations, this person will help drive new initiatives and make a large impact on our rapidly growing global business.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Sales Planning and Analytics, the successful candidate will help Anaplan and the GTM leadership team solve the most important questions related to our GTM strategy and tactics on our path towards $1B in revenue.
- Work on critical strategic GTM projects for Anaplan; work cross functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, and drive solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process. Some example projects may include:
- How do we set the right quotas for our frontline sales team?
- What investments should be making based on our pipeline conversion and velocity?
- What are the elements required to help us win bigger and more mission critical deals? How do we operationalize the learnings across the global team?
- Which new countries should we target next?
- Align corporate strategic priorities into global and regional application
- Understand and draw insights from key industry and customer trends provide insight to the organization
- Develop business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and operational plans to grow the region
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- Support leadership in developing key presentations for internal and external audiences, including Monthly/Quarterly business reviews, Board and analyst meetings
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 8-10 years of total work experience with a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, or strategy & operations at a technology company (or similar)
- Preferred candidates will have a combination of consulting and operating experience
- Must have experience working on go-to-market or sales related strategic and operational topics in an Enterprise SaaS environment
- Experience working on large strategic initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis, building business and operational plans, and driving execution through to success; ability to multitask
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment