The Revenue Accounting Manager will manage our revenue accounting function. You will serve as our subject matter expert on revenue accounting, partnering closely with internal teams across the company in driving cross functional revenue related initiatives to completion.
What you'll do
- Be the subject matter expert on revenue related accounting, process and policy.
- Lead collaboration with our cross functional partners to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions, including contract reviews, non-standard sales deals, commission plan modification, and changes in product and pricing strategies
- Develop and continue to streamline our processes and controls around revenue and related financial reporting metrics. Create efficiencies and simplification by leveraging technology solutions and automation.
- Partner closely with Revenue Operations, Business Technology, FP&A, Legal, Sales and other teams across the company to drive results on various initiatives including revenue related system enhancements and implementations.
- Provide guidance and coaching including on technical revenue matters to your team
- Provide oversight and review of billing operations including customer collections.
- Manage the team in timely preparation and maintenance of revenue records, monthly close activities and variance analysis. You are able to be hands on, reviewing journal entries and helping in preparation of month-end revenue related reconciliations.
- Perform thorough reviews to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP and appropriate documentation for external reporting and audit requirements.
- Lead critical projects including for audit readiness and management reporting
Who you are
- Manager or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant operational and technical accounting experience and a CPA license. This includes revenue accounting and operations in a SaaS company.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data, SQL a plus.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and proactively identify accounting issues, research applicable guidance and document accounting conclusions
- Strong analytical skills; including ability to independently analyze transactions and contracts and document the related accounting analysis under GAAP
- You are resourceful and not afraid to dive into the details while also driving thoughtful and strategic project execution.
- You are passionate about process, continuous improvement, and leveraging technology. You thrive in juggling and driving multiple projects to completion.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. Your approach is clear, thoughtful and customer-focused. You have an ability to build relationships and exert influence with a kind and consultative approach.
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership over your work and that of the team.
- You value working together and how you can contribute to the goals and success of the team and company. You have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment.
- You value and are committed to the training and development of your team
- Preferred: Experience with both enterprise and high volume self serve revenue streams preferred. SOX and SEC reporting experience
- Preferred systems experience: NetSuite, Avalara, Salesforce, Mode, Adaptive Insights or similar systems.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.