At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We’re looking for a product leader and rockstar to join our fast-paced and transformational startup, and manage various fraud and identity initiatives. This individual is responsible for the development of all identity initiatives, such as customer profile, identity access, management & verification, and privacy & security. The Product Manager will implement authentication and identity solutions for use at Lyft, including phone & email verification, 2FA, OAuth, biometric and other best-in-class identity techniques. The product manager will develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish Lyft, its systems and capabilities as the industry leader in identity services. This individual will be the ‘go-to’ leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest Identity solutions across multiple businesses.
This individual possesses a high level of product development and management expertise, and is experienced in utilizing data to create insights and solutions for cross-functional stakeholders. These stakeholders include engineers, analysts, research scientists and fraud operations. This product manager will ensure we deliver a customer-first approach and define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities. The individual is an experienced manager who will take an experimental approach to designing and testing new product features.
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Identity. Own the team's products, existing or new, from ideation through development to launch, growth, and maintenance.
- Execute on roadmap with proper OKRs, project tracking and tooling for successful delivery
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud and identity landscape
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Data Science and Design teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities. Work with engineering on headcount to ensure successful resourcing for projects
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels. Ensure that key leadership & stakeholders are aligned on proper priorities, opportunities and progress on key initiatives
- Be the primary owner for planning and setting OKRs, goals and resources. The PM will be responsible for tracking and reporting the status to multiple audiences.
- Collaborate and communicate across the entire organization to ensure proper identity management and security measures are embedded on new projects and initiatives
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience.
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles and iterative delivery of a commercially available product
- Experience in UI/UX testing and validation
- Past experience delivering authentication and verification systems, including OAuth, 2FA and SAML.
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations and using SQL for rich analysis, experimentation and A/B testing. Be extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Ability to and provide a high-level of detail in every action and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- History of effectively working with multiple teams to build new capability and implement projects
- Excellent written and communication skills especially to senior executives
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.