Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing how the world’s greatest masters approach and execute on their craft, whether it be a chess grandmaster, an Oscar-winning actress, or a national best-selling author. Through our visually stunning, highly produced online video content, we are creating an extensive library of the world’s greatest minds to share with the world.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters—Gordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we are growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
MasterClass is looking for a talented Post Production Supervisor to join their post production team. This position oversees all aspects of post production and supervises the coordination of edit, finishing, and delivery across multiple classes and various short form assets, ensuring that all video content is of the highest quality and consistent with the MasterClass brand.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Designing and maintaining a strategic plan/overview of all post processes within the content team. This includes but is not exclusive to: scheduling and overseeing multiple longform classes, short-form content, and trailers.
- Managing budgets and staffing needs; be the fulcrum of communication between the post production teams and the executive staff.
- Overseeing the team of post coordinators, editors and assistant editors who are involved in the day-to-day production of our classes, and projecting future staffing requirements.
- Strong experience in project management - driving accountability and meeting deadlines for large teams, executing on multiple deliverables, and managing editors, junior creatives, marketing, and product partners.
- Create and maintain healthy working relationships with producers, directors, editors, and out-of-house vendors in order to produce and deliver the finest quality product within the given time frame and budget.
- Proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid people management skills. Will train and manage internal staff with development and growth in mind.
- Proficient with 4K workflow for multi-cam studio shoots, documentary-style shoots and vfx shoots that will involve greenscreen and compositing work, editing, color correction, graphics, and audio mixing. Familiarity with other video formats is a plus.
- Coordinates with Production and IT teams on shooting method and how to be best prepared for post.
- Keep up to date on current and emerging technologies and implement improvements to Post Production workflows.
- Work with Operations on equipment & software purchases, overall storage solutions and forecast future needs.
- Experience with budget management, excel and google sheets. Practical knowledge of project management software and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Deliver weekly and monthly reports and projections to the Director of Operations
- Extensive experience with Premiere Pro and Adobe suite and familiar with workflows for DaVinci Resolve and ProTools. Familiarity with workflows with competing NLE’s, color correction, audio and VFX systems a plus.
- Has a deep understanding of Web, mobile, broadcast and theatrical deliverables and experience delivering multiple assets in a short timeframe.
- Manage cloud storage, Frame IO accounts.
- Familiarity with Cloud Editing a plus.
- Familiarity with NAS/SAN post production environments a plus.
- Intimate knowledge of scheduling multiple simultaneous long-form edits.
- 7-10 years experience working in post production in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree required (we love lifelong learners, so advanced degrees are a plus!)
- Work full-time remotely in California until we return to our San Francisco or Los Angeles office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.