Help shape the future of education with Khan Academy. We are a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Today, over 15 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
We are looking for an experienced marketing project manager to drive our design & engineering efforts in two major areas: supporting marketing campaigns and fundraising efforts. On the marketing side, our goal is to reach as many teachers, students, parents and donors in the U.S. and across the world. On the fundraising side, you’ll help us raise funds to sustain Khan Academy’s mission for years to come. This role is critical to both of these efforts.
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for shepherding large and small projects through the design and development process by coordinating the work of project owners with Designers, Engineers, and other stakeholders. You’ll gather requirements, build project plans, manage project schedules, help identify risks and communicate goals and progress.
A successful candidate will be a creative problem solver who creates conditions for teams to do excellent work. They combine expert project management skills with a passion for creating delightful experiences for our users as they interact with our brand. And they will have a history of managing complex programs to successful completion.
- Manage the intake process for all internal design or engineering requests and serve as liaison between design/engineering teams and internal/external partners
- Gather requirements, clarify project goals, and prioritize requests
- Manage backlog of incoming marketing, philanthropy, brand, and PR requests from 4 countries
- Create & manage the project roadmap; champion the work, and communicate its value to the company
- Facilitate cross-functional scrum team, ensuring it is functioning smoothly: resolving issues or barriers, filling in resource gaps when necessary, maintaining team camaraderie
- Manage key stakeholders: gain roadmap buy in, communicate risks & dependencies, share lessons, and provide regular project status updates
- Define and improve processes to scale capabilities and infrastructure, in order to drive efficiencies and effectiveness of programs
- Work closely with design and engineering to execute and complete large and complex cross-functional projects on time, on brand, within budget and of the highest quality
You may be a good fit if you have
- Deep user empathy, and an innate propensity to think “customer-first”
- A genuine curiosity and interest in making systems better, whether they be intake process or cultural.
- An understanding of the process, requirements and infrastructure required to design and develop marketing campaigns and assets, both online and off-line
- Familiarity working with cross-functional engineering & design teams and implementing process improvements to streamline work across teams
- Excellent project management skills… able to juggle many balls at once with a track record of completing projects on time without sacrificing quality
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills… ability to assess ROI of projects, and prioritize projects with sound judgement
- Stakeholder management, conflict resolution when it comes to priorities, product direction, and work effectively manage across multiple product teams, marketing teams, and philanthropy team
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively to achieve desired outcomes – demonstrating keen understanding of the audience, and to facilitate stakeholders towards positive outcomes