Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 65% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
Clever is looking for a manager to lead our team of Big-District Customer Success Managers driving the adoption of Clever in the largest school districts across the country. The ideal candidate for this role is not only excited about driving strong customer outcomes, but also has a passion for developing teams and helping them reach their professional goals. This role reports to the Head of District Success.
As a manager of the Big-District Customer Success team, you will guide the team on strategies to retain and grow adoption of Clever products. You will iterate on the customer success processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness, and ensure exceptional service for our enterprise customers. You’ll help build the next generation of Clever Customer Success and develop your team to exceed their goals.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develop and retain top talent
- Hire and develop a strong, high performing team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs) supporting enterprise customers
- Manage performance, retention, and career development of the Big-District Success (BDS) team
- Invest in employee engagement and satisfaction, always striving for a happy, healthy team
- Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Lead BDS team in territory planning and product adoption strategies
- Achieve key team success metrics including adoption and engagement goals
- Coach BDS team in building executive relationships with strategic enterprise customers
- Guide BDS team in developing playbooks and provide necessary training and enablement for CSMs
- Collaborate and build alignment
- Manage change effectively with the BDS team in alignment with company goals
- Work effectively with other team leaders within the Customer Success Organization (CSO) including District Success, Application Success, Support and Operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Product, etc.,
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 4+ years experience in managing customer facing teams in a SaaS environment
- Leadership experience in the education technology industry
- Experience in working with large school districts such as New York City Department of Education, Chicago Public School District, or Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Experience in building executive level customer relationships with enterprise customers
- Experience in hiring and building teams and people development
- Service-oriented mentality and strong customer empathy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present to diverse audiences and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate well cross-functionally
- Flexibility and self-motivation in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organization, project management and time management skills
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited book learning credits to amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Professional development budget and LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers