Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our Planning & Analytics team. The team is responsible for maximizing data to drive both real-time insights and long-term recommendations across the Operations organization. The ideal candidate will have outstanding data transformation, warehousing and automation skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive better access to data and holistic analytics.
What you'll do
- Partner cross-functionally with platform and analytics teams to define and drive optimized data access and data-informed decision-making across the organization (downstream dbt adoption and centralization of metrics, build and maintain looker reporting templates)
- Ensure our evolving data warehouse is in lockstep with our evolving analytics and reporting use cases; partner with the platform end to ensure the data warehouse scales with our growth (enabling better and consistent tracking and attribution, and vital schema upgrades to ensure data is more centralized)
- Facilitate automation of analytical and data tasks and processes
- Establish data management standard methodologies to ensure completeness, cleanliness, and consistency across the entire data lifecycle
- Establish efficiencies, performance critical metric definitions and goal setting (e.g., IPH, AHT, etc…) for internal and external teams
- Lead a high performing team of data and business analysts in delivering data and insights for the customer operations team
What we look for
- Passion and drive to reinvent both the retail and lending industry for the better
- 4+ years of relevant experience in data warehousing, ETL, automation and reporting
- Minimum 1 year of direct management experience
- Exceptional data retrieval and handling skills using SQL and Python (or other scripting languages)
- Experience with Looker or Superset (or other business intelligence platforms) is desirable
- Experience with workflow engines/ ETL tools (we use Luigi, dbt)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and standout colleague - you go out of your way to help teammates
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here
and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.