At SendBird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world. We have customers from over 30 countries around the world and serve a wide-range of use-cases across communities, marketplaces, on-demand services, games, and e-commerce. We are working with some of the best customers in every industry, and since graduating Y Combinator in 2016, we have become one of the fastest-growing startups in Silicon Valley.
SendBird is headquartered in San Mateo, California and has an APAC office in Seoul, South Korea. This position is for the San Mateo office.
As a leader on the Solutions Engineering team, you will create a vision of endless tenacity for customers. You will own and manage customer relationships to drive adoption, retention and growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads, recruits, develops and retains a strong team. Ensures a productive work environment where employees can do their best work. Provide employees long term career progression within SendBird.
- Collaborates with customer success teams in SendBird to ensure that critical customer issues are driven to closure in a structured and timely manner and that customer management is well coordinated with relevant sales and partner teams.
- Builds proven relationships with key partners (Engineering, Business units, functional teams, executives) in SendBird and the customer for the successful support of the customer and their customers.
- Accountable for leading all programs for the customers. Acts as the key critical issue executive for the customer and account team for all service and support related issues.
- Builds the culture, processes, and tools to drive remarkable customer experience. Creates a culture of innovation and accountability for customer outcomes.
- Builds and monitors Key Performance Indicators that reflect successful execution of “go to market” plans, strategic initiatives, and day to day operations.
- The candidate is expected to be independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able to define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class technical support services.
- 7+ years of field engineering experience desired
- Must have excellent communication, leadership, management development, risk management, team-building, and interpersonal skills
- Must possess an understanding of technologies in technology-driven business
- Travel is required occasionally
- Experience working for a SaaS startup
- Pick your new laptop!
- 4 weeks paid time off!
- 100% paid Benefits
- 12 US paid Holidays
- Fun working environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to work for the hottest startups on the planet!
SendBird is the world's leading chat & messaging platform as a service. Our mission is to digitize human interactions for businesses. Our platform delivers billions of messages per month to help people connect through the products and apps they love.
We’re a Y Combinator alumnus (W16) and have raised over $120M from leading investors including ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, August Capital, and FundersClub. We are headquartered in San Mateo, CA (40+ employees) with an Asia-Pacific office in Seoul (50+ employees).