At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is virtually limitless. This opens up all sorts of exciting possibilities, and so our Sales team works closely with users on their unique needs. As the leader of the Sales Strategy and Operations team, you’ll be the thought and execution partner to sales leaders, providing insight through hypothesis driven analysis, conducting quarterly and annual planning, defining success metrics and creating scalable reporting, and designing workflows and systems.
There is a lot of building to do. We’re looking for folks who know what good looks like, but who are flexible, resourceful, collaborative and really excited to join us on our adventure to figure out both the right long term vision and the right next steps for tomorrow.
What you'll do
- Build and lead a high performing sales operations team that supports the global enterprise, midmarket, smb, and scaled segments/teams.
- Define GTM approach by segment and channel
- Define, manage, and provide insights on key performance metrics to ensure 360 command of the business
- Provide actionable recommendations and facilitate data-driven decisions with sales leadership through exceptional business partnering and strategic thinking
- Manage the full operational performance of each segment and channel and drive towards repeatable, predictable motions
- Design and manage core sales ops processes such as expansion planning, patch optimization, target setting, leading indicator management, and forecasting
- Act and be seen as a general problem solver able to break down the hardest problems, and build a team that is the same
- Evaluate core sales processes, reporting, and systems and identify opportunities to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness. Define requirements and work with systems teams to implement team tooling.
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners on priority go-to-market initiatives
Who you are
- You have 12+ years prior experience in sales or customer success strategy and operations for a high growth company, or operational experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or business insights / analytics roles
- You have 5+ years of people management experience, with demonstrated success in building a team, in building an inclusive, positive, and high performance culture, and in retention and team member development
- You demonstrate the ability to scale and equip the business in a strategic manner, communicate big picture opportunities and make data-driven decisions
- You take a proactive, consultative approach, building trust consistently and quickly
- You have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- You work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- You are strong in excel and analytical tools. You are advanced with SQL or have a demonstrated ability to manage teams with deep analytical skills
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!