Airtable is a uniquely challenging product — it has a purpose-built engine which delivers the power of a relational database, the ease of use and flexibility of a spreadsheet, while also offering realtime collaboration and synchronization of edits made by multiple users. On the outside, it has a polished and clean web interface and user-friendly mobile apps.
We're looking for engineers who understand the difference between solving hard computer science problems and writing clean, maintainable code in a team setting, and can cheerily excel at both. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. Our roadmap is filled with interesting enhancements and additions to this toolkit that greatly expand the boundaries of Airtable's capabilities, performance, and scalability.
What you'll do
- Develop a deep understanding of our web architecture, and adopt modern web development best practices and tools.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for improving the performance of our client model layer, synchronization protocols, and web infrastructure.
- Design and architect complex new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a high quality user experience.
Who you are
- You’re an experienced full-stack engineer who cares deeply about user-centric product development and end-user performance.
- You have deep knowledge of modern web technologies and large-scale web application architecture.
- You have a strong background in computer science.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in a product-driven environment.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development.
- Wellness benefit: $200/month
- Paid Parental Leave: all new parents are offered 16 weeks of paid leave to bond with your newborn child, adoption or placement of a foster child.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave.
- $750 office set up for your home office
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- 401k & Life Insurance
- Short term & Long term disability
Fresh insights and job listings to help in your search for a job in tech.
Get started today