At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Fleet Manager with a proven track record of leading and executing analytically-driven projects. The main focus will be Lyft’s FlexDrive Rentals (for Lyft Drivers) and Consumer Rentals (available to anyone). Lyft’s rentals programs are quickly growing businesses that contribute to driver growth as well as consumer mobility, extending our mission of eliminating the need for individual car ownership. Now, if you want to drive for Lyft, or need a car for personal use, Lyft offers flexible options for you.
Lyft is looking for an analytically-driven operator to report to the Regional Director of Northern California who can think strategically at a regional level and lead flawless execution locally. You will be responsible for overseeing the execution of national strategic projects in your local market and ensure optimal allocation of fleet across locations regionally.
As a key leader in a rapidly growing logistics business, you will develop an inspired, efficient and motivated team to help drive significant capacity growth. Your strong focus on asset utilization, inventory management and cross-functional project management will allow your team to manage the life-cycle of returned cars to rental ready status and improve cost efficiencies in servicing and maintaining the fleet.
- Lead the regional on-the-ground operations to sustainably maximize fleet availability, performance, and utilization to enable growth
- Drive strategic, fleet-wide initiatives to improve customer satisfaction, fleet health and fleet management costs
- Integrate the Consumer Rentals and FlexDrive Rentals processes to maximize staffing efficiencies across sites and lines of business
- Leverage cross-functional partners, internal tools, and data to develop and maintain on-the-ground inventory tracking processes to increase visibility into future demand
- Manage interactions and relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to advocate for local needs and regional considerations
- Present quantitative and qualitative findings to regional and central leadership to help improve high impact decisions
- Develop and maintain the prioritization logic of service activities based on financial impact, operational capacity, and customer needs
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years managing hard assets in a fleet management business (car rental, fleet management company, etc) or relevant complex asset/inventory business across multiple sites/geographies
- An understanding of operational and financial data across diverse portfolios
- Project management expertise with a proven track record of execution and success
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to see the “big picture” and identify/forecast developing issues.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel and ability to create models and tracking documents
- Ability to draw insights from data and develop and implement action plans to address issues
- Strong, self-aware communicator -- can communicate equally effectively with staff, vendors, and Lyft leadership
- Extremely process oriented with a bias for action
- Experience managing managers
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.