At Asana, we’re building collaboration software to help every team in the world become more effective in working together and realizing their goals. Our Customer Success team is committed to helping customers adopt Asana as both a technology product and a holistic approach to teamwork. We strive to help all of our customers, across countries, industries, and functions, get off on the right foot and continue to get the most value out of Asana over time.
We're looking for an Enterprise Customer Success Manager to help support and grow our largest and most strategic customers. As an Asana Enterprise CSM, you’ll guide the customer to deploy Asana successfully, adopt it widely across their organization and ensure they continuously gain business value from our products and services. By engaging your customers using a consultative approach, you’ll position yourself as a preferred long-term strategic partner and serve as the trusted point of contact across their lifecycle: on-boarding, adoption, advocacy and renewal.
Equipped with the knowledge of what it takes for customers to succeed with Asana, you will serve as the voice of your customers cross-functionally, providing feedback to the Product team and broader business. To the entire Asana team, you’ll exemplify an empathetic, customer-centric perspective.
What you’ll achieve
- Maintain ownership of a portfolio of strategic customers, weaving a web to develop new relationships while supporting existing teams to ultimately drive adoption and retention of Asana across their organization
- Work with customers to understand their motivation, business drivers, strategic goals and desired business outcomes; co-create joint customer impact plans that include success metrics, engagement and adoption strategy, timelines, communication, and customer advocacy and expansion plans.
- Execute on all phases of the customer journey, including deployment design and execution, change management consulting, workflow design, business performance reviews, roadmap advisory, and renewal touch points
- Develop and maintain an internal Champion Network across customer’s organization, facilitating workshops on best known practices
- Analyze customer usage in internal data systems to identify, communicate, and act upon both risks and opportunities; proactively drive data-driven, account-focused campaigns to increase customer engagement and product adoption
- Lead a cross-functional partnership across your named customers and Asana:
- Partner closely with Sales counterparts to build strategic account plans, nurture executive relationships, facilitate Executive Business Reviews, and identify expansion opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to build customer references, craft case-studies, and co-develop resources to better support our strategic customers
- Liaise with Support and Finance to help quarterback resolutions for customer issues and optimization opportunities
- Serve as the voice of your customers by surfacing key trends and insights back to our Product, Research, and business teams
- Travel and meet customers on-site up to 25% of the time
- Passionate about the future of work and positively impacting the working lives of people in large organizations
- At least 6 years demonstrated success in a Customer Success or Account Management roles working with large, complex enterprise-level accounts with a focus on growth and implementation of large scale technology solutions. SaaS experience preferred.
- Prior experience managing a book of high-value customer relationships in post-sales or deployment services, You’re able to drive customer success and align within complex customer environments at executive and department levels
- Thrive by building trust and communicating effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, from C-Suite and Asana administrators to day-to-day Asana users
- Experience in an enterprise solution sales environment and ability to partner with account executives in development and closure of sales opportunities is preferred
- Customer-centric at your core. You’re devoted to ensuring our customers’ success and adoption of Asana and advocate for regional customers’ needs
- Self-motivated, proactive team player. You bias for action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment. You’re able to zoom in to most granular details and also zoom out to understand the philosophy of how and why decisions are made
- Driven, process-oriented person. You’re able to effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support Asana, the team, and the customer. You’re able to efficiently switch contexts from responding to customer emails to giving a product demo to meeting with the product team about an upcoming feature
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.