We’re a growing software FoodTech company with a mission to help you nurture your family with home-cooked meals. Our AI-based Food Intelligence Platform powers Meal Hero, our native and web app that helps people discover, plan, shop, prepare, and enjoy meals at home with ease. This proprietary technology is based on millions of recipes and thousands of ingredients, and it’s always improving.
To achieve our goal we have assembled a team of smart, empirically motivated, disagreeable givers who care about making a difference in the world. We believe that using technology, collaboration, innovation and diversity we can transform the way people eat, cook, and share meals. Wellio was acquired during the summer of 2018 by the Kraft Heinz Company.
Learn more at about.mealhero.com
Try Meal Hero on the web or download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
What will you be working on?
- Identify market opportunities and define the product roadmap, understand customer (internal and external) needs and gather product requirements
- Collaborate with tech leads to establish the strategy for our AI platform, which provides culinary, nutrition, and shopping assistance to users, in order to power a growing portfolio of products including Meal Hero
- Be the product owner for multiple cross-functional teams of Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Machine Learning Engineers
- Manage multidisciplinary talent through influence, not direct reporting structure
- Define and execute on the short-term and long-term product roadmap, help define data product requirements, risk mitigation strategies, and prioritization
- Manage initiatives to develop a robust and scalable platform that utilizes heterogeneous data sources, including partner data, that fuels personalized recommendations in order to enhance user experience
- Effectively communicate product strategy to internal and external stakeholders
Do you have the right chops?
- You have a strong technical background either from academic (cs/math/stats/engineering) or hands-on product development experience
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have been the product manager for a machine learning empowered platform composed of multiple services and used by multiple types of customers
- You have a solid understanding of Data Science / Machine Learning methodologies and steps involved in building successful data products
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager, preferably for a platform
- 1+ years of experience working with robust data platforms that include components such as: data analytics, ETL processes, and APIs
- SQL database development experience
- You enjoy working on a small agile dynamic team where everyone is valued
- You are creative, like learning new skills and sharing with others
- You are motivated to have a positive impact on the world and want to work on a diverse set of problems
- You believe that work should be fun and enjoy working with others
- You like to try new things and believe in failing fast
- You are a disagreeable giver
- You like chocolate, especially dark chocolate
- You have at least one recipe that you really like and know how to cook