Reporting to our VP, Global Brand and Communications, Tanium is seeking a Director of Public Relations to evangelize Tanium’s unique market advantage. This highly visible, leadership role will be responsible for developing and driving our internal and external communications strategy. You must have strong and respected relationships with the media, particularly in technology and finance. You are a master storyteller, rooted in strategy with passion for Tanium’s mission. You have proven success as a leader building, managing and mentoring a team of high performers, while onboarding and managing external agencies and/or consultants. You are accustomed to a mach-speed atmosphere and can continuously toggle between strategist and do-er. You have a strong blend of data-driven insights and creativity. You are unstoppable in your pursuit of goals and you never win alone - you win as a team. You'll work closely with the Executive team and other leadership at Tanium to make things happen quickly and at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and lead strategic and measurable communications initiatives for corporate, brand and product.
- Leverage relationships with key media outlets and reporters to drive awareness for Tanium’s value proposition, industry thought leadership and executive profiles.
- Provide strategic counsel and public/media relations guidance to senior executives.
- Maintain a regular cadence of press releases and media alerts (corporate, product, case study, partner, award, etc.) to keep Tanium top of mind with customers, press, analysts, partners between major product launches.
- Build a speaker’s bench and drive Tanium’s executive public speaking opportunities.
- Manage submission process for all company award nominations and promotion of award wins.
- Provide media training and speech writing and/or editing for senior executives as needed.
- Manage the process and documentation for crisis management and high alert events
- Drive the company’s online reputation management.
- Compile and distribute regular industry news reports to the sales team on timely and relevant topics to help them capitalize on trends and opportunities happening in the market.
- Research relevant media coverage and industry trends and develop outreach campaigns that position executives as thought leaders around those topics.
- Coordinate press interviews at conferences and trade shows.
- Offer leadership, management and development to a small, but growing team with a hands-on approach.
- Manage global public relations agencies. Serve as the central point of contact and as the primary distributor of information across global teams and agencies to ensure consistency across geographies. Support localization where appropriate.
- Manage a budget (wisely).
- Travel as needed - roughly 25%
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent industry experience required
- 10+ years of experience in Corporate Communications, Strategic Communications, Public Relations or relevant experience required
- Enterprise tech communications experience required; pre-IPO start-up experience preferred
- Strong writing skills required.
- Strong, respected relationships with press/reporters/media required
- Proven capabilities in executive speech writing and investment materials required
- Demonstrated experience in crisis management and online reputation management
- Bonus if you’ve had both agency and client-side experience
- Able to demonstrate innovation, successfully tackling challenges in new and creative ways
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skill
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.