Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Do you love building simple but amazing products that help people live a better financial life? We’re looking for an outstanding Director of Product to define the future of financial services and work closely with our team on building it today.
In this role, you will oversee our mobile and desktop consumer experiences for shopping and consumer borrowing touching millions of users each month. Your team will work to responsibly increase our customers’ purchasing power by giving them better ways to buy, and build a consumer buying experience that improves over time.
Join us on our mission to build honest and transparent financial products that improve lives!
What you'll do
- Partner with the CEO and executive team to set product strategy for our consumer products
- Lead and develop a team of 8, including 2 managers
- Build innovative financial products in a cross-functional team
- Deeply understand the needs and problems of our users
- Be an expert on our product, market and competitors
- Define features with specs, wireframes, and flows
- Collaborate across multiple executive stakeholders – including engineering, design, finance, risk, sales and legal – to ensure your teams can successfully launch and scale our products
- Analyze the user impact of product features and define key metrics for success
What we look for
- 10+ years of product management experience, need to have managed a team (ideally 3+ years of management experience)
- Proven ability to scale and foster a team while leading from a product driven stance
- Able to influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals
- Track record of successfully launching and growing products
- Balances outstanding user insight with high analytical rigor
- Driven to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Obsesses over getting the product details right but knows how to ship on time
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here
and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.