We’re a growing software FoodTech company with a mission to help you nurture your family with home-cooked meals. Our AI-based Food Intelligence Platform powers Meal Hero, our native and web app that helps people discover, plan, shop, prepare, and enjoy meals at home with ease. This proprietary technology is based on millions of recipes and thousands of ingredients, and it’s always improving.
To achieve our goal we have assembled a team of smart, empirically motivated, disagreeable givers who care about making a difference in the world. We believe that using technology, collaboration, innovation and diversity we can transform the way people eat, cook, and share meals. Wellio was acquired during the summer of 2018 by the Kraft Heinz Company.
Learn more at about.mealhero.com
Try Meal Hero on the web or download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
What you will do
- Lead and support the product engineering team, helping to shepherd product ideas from conception to production
- Mentor and provide guidance to both junior and senior engineers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and design teams to build a cohesive strategy for our application platform
- Earn the trust of your team, and challenge them to grow.
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on technical implementation, engineering best practices, and career development.
- Work with other leaders in product engineering to leverage and improve our design system and overall frontend architecture.
- Guide teams who are managing technical and product development projects with business stakeholders
- Work with Data Scientists and Data Platform Engineers to enrich our customer experience using our unique data products.
- You have experience leading, growing, and developing diverse engineering teams
- You have extensive experience working in a collaborative product, design, and engineering organization
- You have created engineering roadmaps and processes to improve and extend current product capabilities
- You have had experience working with teams doing client-side web and native application development
- You have had experience working with teams doing back-end application engineering
- At least 5 years of hands on technical development experience
- At least 3 years managing a cross functional engineering team
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have at least one recipe that you really like and know how to cook
- You have previously worked with data scientists and have experience integrating machine learning models into production code (minimum 1 year experience)
- You have open source contributions and have managed teams that have made substantial open source contributions
- You contribute to the technical community by writing, teaching, mentoring, or helping others learn on an ongoing basis.
- You thrive with a level of unknown and enjoy crafting strategy and vision for an evolving team.
- You enjoy collaborating as part of a small, agile, and dynamic team where everyone is valued
- You believe “done is better than perfect” and enjoy helping to ship features and quantify the right areas for iterative improvement.
- You enjoy both learning and teaching, and enjoy working with others from whom you can learn and who can learn from you.
- You have a passion for food and nutrition, and are excited to use your skills to help our customers nourish themselves
- You believe that work should be fun and enjoy working with others
- You like to try new things and believe in failing fast
- You like chocolate, especially dark chocolate
If you got this far, perhaps you’re the person we’re looking for. We look forward to your application.