Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are seeking a global benefits leader to join our Total Rewards team. You will be a key partner to the Global Head of Total Rewards, leading a team of talented benefits and mobility professionals working closely with cross-functional partners, external vendors, and internal business leaders. This role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
- Design and drive Airbnb’s global benefits and mobility philosophy, program design and operations
- Partner with and influence executives and key stakeholders to ensure our philosophy and programs align to Airbnb’s business strategy and values
- Research market practices and trends and conduct deep analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of programs
- Key partner in developing our approach to long term remote work and flexible work arrangements
- Develop and deliver executive presentations, detailing the design, impact and measurements of success for benefits related programs
- Grow and develop a team responsible for collecting and analyzing market data, maintaining competitive market data, leading annual insured benefit renewals, partnering with the business, and executing program operations.
- Interpret, counsel, communicate and collaborate with HR Business Partners, managers, Recruiting, and staff on benefits philosophy, program design, policies and guideline interpretations.
- Diagnose feedback, identify needs, and engage the business through change and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review and refine benefits and mobility processes to ensure effective governance
- Partner with the recruiting team to deliver candidate education and materials
- Lead cross-functional teams on key operations, compliance and audits, mergers and acquisitions, and other key benefits projects/programs
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 15+ years diverse global benefits experience in corporate roles or leadership positions within leading consulting firms.
- Ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with stakeholders across functions and locations globally.
- Experience leading a company through transformative benefits philosophies and programs
- Effective communication skills—both interpersonal and written. Demonstrated ability to articulate and recommend change to a high level audience.
- Demonstrates high level of business, analytical, and financial acumen.
- Ability to influence partners at all levels
- Deep experience in change management and communication plan development
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.