At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Director for its Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Team. This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in helping build a financial foundation for a rapidly growing, post-IPO company. This is a highly visible position with the ability to influence key business decisions.
As one of the key leaders on the team owning revenue for the Rideshare business, this person will drive financial planning and analysis activities, deliver key business insights and continuously strive towards business efficiency. We have a world-class finance team that has a reputation for going above and beyond to get things done and we are looking for someone who is a team-player with a service attitude.
- Work collaboratively with product and business leadership to understand drivers behind changes to revenue and gross margin and articulate recommendations to support profitable growth
- Serve as a value-added business partner to the Shared and High Value product lines. Evaluate performance of current business and provide financial guidance and recommendations that drives short-term and long-term strategic decisions
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide recommendations that help operate business with a high degree of efficiency. Advise on trade-offs between growth and profitability (ROI driven accountability)
- Manage a strong team of individual contributors
- Become embedded with business partners across the company, establish trust and help translate business strategies and objectives into financial outcomes
- Develop from the ground-up, and then own on an ongoing basis, robust and scalable processes to inform forecasts and track performance
- Lead beyond budgeting and planning – be a thought leader and partner with stakeholders to drive operational efficiencies while scaling the company
- Lead the development of executive-grade analytics and reporting that provide management with clear insights into drivers of business growth, risks, and opportunities
- Assist in developing annual and quarterly plans. Evaluate performance against the plan and ensure product and business road map is aligned with the financial goals
- Develop and continuously improve key financial metrics and analysis to support the unique and changing needs of the functions supported
- Deliver weekly/monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of financial performance, including variances to plan, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are clearly understood and highlighted
- Manage and advise on special projects - may include new product launches
- Contribute to the growth and culture of the team of high-performing group of individuals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, a related field or relevant work experience
- 13+ years of experience working in finance in a high-growth environment
- Self-starter who is able thrive in a dynamic environment under short timelines and changing priorities
- Proven track record of breaking down and solving complex problems with impeccable business judgment. Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Proven track record of leading and managing high-performing teams
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and leading cross functional initiatives
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaborative working relationships with teams across a diverse organization
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.