We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As a Customer Success Manager at Mode, you'll own a portfolio of our fast-growing, mid-sized customers. By building exceptional relationships with each customer in your portfolio, you'll deliver value at all stages of the customer journey to drive mutual success and growth. If you’re a proactive customer champion - passionate about solving problems, connecting customer value to revenue growth, and advising customers - you’ll bring tremendous value to our customers and team!
What you'll do
- Be a Proactive Customer Champion: Expertly manage a portfolio of Mode’s fast-growing, mid-sized customers to drive mutual success, customer retention, engagement, and expansion.
- Connect Customer Value to Commercials: Build trusted partnerships with your customers to deliver value, earning our customers' business and driving commercial expansion and growth opportunities. Own retention, renewal, and expansion opportunities for your portfolio.
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor: Bring deep curiosity and empathy to our customers with industry expertise, knowledge, business acumen, and technical understanding of Mode’s platform.
- Partner to Solve Problems: Work cross-functionally with sales, support, product, and other organizations to optimize platform usage, garner product feedback, and present solutions to help customers solve their challenges using Mode.
What we look for
- Experience in a customer-facing role in sales, sales development, customer success, or account management
- Track record of overachieving monthly and quarterly goals
- Strong desire to learn and curiosity to understand how things work
- Creative problem solving skills, you won't be using a playbook; you'll be helping write one
- Motivation to be a champion of customers and represent their voice with empathy
- Entrepreneurial approach to owning responsibilities with strong accountability to delivering outcomes
- Alignment with Mode's values
- Bonus: Experience in the data and analytics space
- Bonus: Knowledge of SQL
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth — Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.