Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Vancouver, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
Brex is seeking a Content Strategist and Writer to uplevel and scale our content. They will position us as a trusted authority and aspirational brand for technology and newly incorporated ecommerce companies. We’re seeking a smart, ambitious, self-starter who can balance strategic thinking with written execution. They will be developing and executing world-class content (thought leadership, customer profiles, data trends, email sequences, etc.) while being presented with the challenge of helping to optimize and execute our new content strategy. They have a strong understanding of a B2B buyer’s journey and are familiar with examples of inventive consumer/B2C campaigns.
Check out some of our existing content by taking a look at our Brex Quarterly Review, a Customer Spotlight, and our guide for WFH. Examples of where we are just getting started!
- Create content - Using our in-house and network subject-matter specialists, build the materials our customers and community need to start and scale their businesses successfully
- Act as the glue on cross-functional content projects - Using dedicated prioritization, outstanding communication, and strategic thinking, work cross-functionally and with external partners to deliver high-quality content on time and with meticulous attention to detail, grammar, and poetic devices
- Strategically and creatively distribute content - Using our owned, paid, and partner channels, find new and impactful ways to get your incredible content in front of the audiences that need it to start and scale
- Embrace ambiguity and change - Thriving in a dynamic and fast-changing environment, challenge the status quo to drive constant improvement
What We Value
- 4+ years of experience creating compelling and differentiated content. A tech, finance, or data journalism background is a plus but not essential
- Excellent written communicator with the ability to understand the audience, structure effective presentations, and distill key messages to effectively inform and persuade (writing samples will be requested)
- Strong analytical skills to track, analyze, and incorporate data-driven insights to report on and optimize campaigns
- Ability to lead and collaborate on cross-functional projects and multitask with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Big-picture problem solver with strong business discernment and a high degree of creativity in identifying and capitalizing on opportunities