The Billing and Collection Analyst is a key member of our Finance Team responsible for timely and accurate customer billing and collections. You will work closely with our internal partners to provide exceptional customer service; working daily to drive seamless execution of our billing process.
What you'll do
- Provide exceptional service in addressing our customer and cross functional team needs with a focus on developing and maintaining positive, long term relationships
- Support customer onboarding, including but not limited to helping complete customer compliance forms.
- Execute timely and accurate regular and usage-based billing, refunds, credits and payment application
- Review and apply data from multiple sources for billing execution, including customer contracts, Mode, and Salesforce
- Monitor and proactively manage customer collections. Take the required actions to resolve past due accounts in collaboration with internal teams, including Sales and Revenue Operations as needed
- Provide regular status updates and complete customer account analysis and reconciliation as needed
- Ensure accurate coding of all transactions
- Perform reconciliations, including the bank reconciliation
- Assist with month end revenue related tasks
- Support the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting requirements
- Support other day to day accounting needs and ad hoc projects
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate processes and assist in the implementation of the process changes
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of relevant operational experience and can demonstrate advanced Excel and system skills.
- You are meticulous and well-organized. You strive for precision and thrive in an environment of changing processes, working with multiple data sources, and driving multiple tasks to completion. This role is all about the details paired with thoughtful execution.
- You are passionate about process, continuous improvement, and leveraging technology.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. Your approach is clear, thoughtful and service-oriented.
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership over your work and that of the team.
- You approach new learning experiences with confidence and curiosity.
- You value working together and how you can contribute to the goals and success of the team and company. You have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred skills and systems experience: SaaS industry, SQL skills, GAAP Accounting, and systems: NetSuite, Salesforce, Avalara, Mode, RevPro, Front or similar systems
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.