For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
What you get to do:
- As a member of the team, you will become an expert in the subscription business model, exploring the Zuora tool’s capabilities in managing billing and subscription operations.
- Day-to-day includes billing account management, turning executed contracts into subscriptions, help streamline invoice automation, resolve billing issues while maintaining a high level of customer service, collaborate with various teams in the quote to cash process.
- Act as customer “zero” for Zuora: Provide feedback, test new system enhancements, and help evolve the Zuora products.
- Participate in developing and documenting controls and procedures surrounding our multiple process flows.
- Analyze and report on metrics to support the Company’s business objectives.
- Work with several systems we rely on in the Finance & Accounting department, including Zuora, NetSuite, Salesforce, and FinancialForce.
- Build strong relationships across the organization with Sales, SalesOps, Deal Desk, Professional Services, Business Technology, Revenue, and Collections.
- Participation in Ad-hoc projects – reporting, process improvement, reconciliations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in corporate operations
- Takes pride in being extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Adaptable to change and motivated towards process improvement
- Zuora/Salesforce experience is a plus, but not required
- Stamina to work extended hours during month-end close
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Comfortable with being independent in owning your account portfolio, but also able to work as a team and support one another during month-end close
- Strong Excel and written communication skills
- Structured thinking and curiosity for problem solving