The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Join
Carta is looking for a candidate who has a passion for data and providing business solutions to the GTM organization using data analysis and analytic techniques. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with complex data sets, have the ability to collect and analyze information to problem solve, and make recommendations to improve productivity and increase growth. The candidate must also be comfortable collaborating with Sales leaders, Marketing, Revenue Operations, Data Science, Business Operations and Finance.
As a Sales Strategy Data Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring our go-to-market teams are armed with the proper business insights, data and reporting to drive market share and growth. You will streamline data, create a data culture and a center of excellence to drive analytics and business insights across the organization.
The Problems You'll Solve
- Develop KPIs, tools and dashboards to facilitate business processes and increase productivity across the different business units
- Build, establish and ensure consistency, reliability and quality of all standard reports
- Map extensive levels and dimensions of data from several sources in order to build a 360 degree view of our existing customer profile, target market and prospect customers
- Build ad hoc reports and analyses based on requests from our Sales leadership, Executive and Sales Strategy teams
- Conduct in-depth research on performance and deliver data insights to main business stakeholders
- Act as a database expert, provide support to the users from the Sales organization on related applications (SFDC, Looker, Carta), operations processes, and operational reports
- Communicate effectively with managers to identify and address areas for improvement
- Provide support on integration of systems and tools (SFDC, Carta, Looker, Pitchbook, Preqin)
- Ability to translate large, disparate datasets into actionable insights at the IC, Manager, and Executive level (product, segmentation, customer profile, pricing & packaging, sales cycle, pipeline velocity)
- Strong experience with SQL, Looker, Tableau, or other visualization tools
- Background working closely with Revenue, Operations, and Data teams
- Strong knowledge of Database Management concepts
- Able to work independently and in a team, rigorous, detail-oriented, critical thinker, and performance-driven
- Passionate about working with data and improving the revenue datastack
- Bachelor or University Degree with 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.